HPA The Catalyst Grants Program
Call for Proposals
The purpose of the Section Health Policy and Administration Grant Program is to stimulate, encourage and support research activities that enhance the body of knowledge related to health policy, clinical administration, global health, and the use of technology in physical therapy. The grants provide funding to assist new physical therapist investigators, or established investigators who are embarking on a new research agenda in these areas of physical therapist practice, leadership, administration, or education. Through this grant program, the Section hopes to encourage the development of proposals that will seek financial support from external agencies.
1-2 research grant awards of up to $15,000 are available to Section members to assist with a 1-year research study that investigates a question or questions of importance to health policy or clinical administration. Grants may be renewable (no-cost extension) for up to 1 year.
Instructions and guidelines for submitting research proposals for the HPA grant program are available below:
2015 Deadline for Proposals: midnight, December 31, 2014
Physical therapists receiving funding from this program will be expected to report their findings at a Combined Sections Meeting within three years of receipt of funding. Proposals are due by midnight, December 31, 2014. Please refer to the Research Page of the HPA website for details on proposal requirements and application forms. For further information you may contact Research Committee Chair.
D.L. Hart Memorial Outcomes Research Grant
Focus on Therapeutic Outcomes, Inc. (FOTO) invites applications for the D.L. HART Memorial Outcomes Research Grant. FOTO is seeking proposals that will lead to improvements of the quality of care for patients with musculoskeletal or neurological conditions who are referred to physical therapy. Specifically, FOTO will consider research proposals that address one or more of the following five priority areas:
- Practice-Based Evidence (PBE) studies to identify associations between rehabilitation processes of care, patient reported functional outcomes and/or healthcare costs, controlling for patient risk factors.
- Advancement of risk adjustment methods to control for potential confounders to enhance meaningful clinical interpretation of patient outcomes
- Advancement of patient subgrouping classification to improve patient care management and outcomes.
- Advancement of Pay for Performance (P4P) methods and models that are based on functional change and efficiency measures.
- Integration of physical performance and patient self-report health related quality of life measures to optimize assessment and monitoring of patient outcomes and to use in evaluation of clinical effectiveness.
A maximum of $10,000 can be requested
Deadline: January 10, 2015
Details & Instructions
Focus on Therapeutic Outcomes, Inc. (FOTO) Announces First D.L. HART Memorial Outcomes Research Grant Award to Dr. Pedro Gozalo & Dr. Linda Resnik [June 2014]